[On-Rev] Webdisk not reliable; irev as a table constructor

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Sat May 30 15:05:03 EDT 2009

Hello Dom,

I find the web disk functionality (WebDAV) -- *regardless* of hosting
provider or control panel technology -- is really only useful for uploading
a single file or quickly previewing images, etc. I've never liked it for
bulk uploads/downloads as I find the performance and reliability to be
wanting. Maybe it works better on Windows-based servers? I really don't
know. But for transferring sites, I stick with a solid FTP client like
FileZilla.

Bill

"Dom" <mcdomi at free.fr> wrote in message
news:1j0jdhz.9jqxc8h79wziM%mcdomi at free.fr...
I tempted to make some modifications to my "medard" On-Rev web site with
the Web Disk ... to transfer a "sub-site" to another directory, i.e. to
put "pensées", which contain shots of pansies, to the "photos" directory

The result was very strange: the folder are transferred -- but emptied,
and prefixed par "pensees", and the original leaved in their places, but
likewise emptied.