on-Rev and use-Rev

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri May 29 19:19:45 EDT 2009

Bill Marriott wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> We have a forum set up for users of on-Rev at forums.on-rev.com -- this is
> the ideal spot for the latest news/announcements, discussing on-Rev,
> technical issues with it, usage concerns, etc.

Yeah, but forums are horrible.
PLEASE could we have a way to sign up to receive all forum posts by
email - I'd be willing to log in to the forum to post replies, but as a
way to receive new messages, this has to be the least convenient scheme
imaginable.
> For example, information about accessing sites placed at the root level of
> your hierarchy (that I just reposted here) was originally posted to the
> on-Rev forums on Apr 24.

The sad thing is that, even knowing that, I couldn't find your post in
10 - 15 minutes of searching the forums, though when I did eventually
find it, it was very helpful.

[Now if it was just an email archive, I could use all kinds of favourite
search tools :-]

> However, we have no problem with folks discussing on-Rev here. The use-rev
> list is very simply for "using Revolution." And we consider our product to
> be the language, not merely the desktop IDE. The on-Rev service is obviously
> a Revolution-based product. Just because it's a subscription service doesn't
> matter; people obviously discuss Enteprise-specific issues, even though not
> everyone owns Enterprise. So consider discussions about on-Rev officially
> on-topic.

-- Alex.