mouse gestures

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Thu May 28 18:18:56 EDT 2009

Hey,

as sitting in hotels in the middle of nowhere is boring, I took a
couple of hours to write a little lib to implement mouse gestures in
Rev. You can find it either in the new revOnline or type in the
messagebox:

go stack URL "http://www.derbrill.de/fun/libMouseGestures.rev"

This lib enables you to implement mouse gestures in your own stacks.
Just start using the stack by issuing:

start using stack "libMouseGestures"

To tell a control or card to listen to gestures you need to set a
custom property of that control or card to true:

set the libGest["listenToGestures"] of this card to true

Now the card is listening to gestures. A gesture is performed by
rightclicking and dragging (or control clicking and dragging for those
with a one button mouse) To react to a gesture trap the libGestDone
message generated by the lib. The drag directions are send as a
parameter in form of a semicolon delimited list e.g.

up;left;downright

The stack has 3 cards with example script to react to gestures.

This one was hammered together quickly. Much room for improvement.
Hope you like it. If anyone feels like improving on it I´d like to see
the changes.

Best,

Malte