Best Practices Question

Bill Andersen andersen at mwdental.com
Wed May 27 10:05:43 EDT 2009

Can someone point me to a "Best Practices" or good itermediate tutorial
on programming in Rev.  I've been able to do quite a bit and can use
the dictionary to learn how to use the language, but I'm having trouble
understanding how most people use Globals, Custom Properties, etc.

I've read pro and cons on using globals.  I've tried to write functions
and pass params around to avoid them (which I think is best), but then
there are times a global seems to be a better idea... OR would a Custom
Property be better?  I just don't know how others would do it.  I've
looked through a lot of examples and it seems it is all over the board!

I know it isn't written in stone (and really a personal preference),
but has someone put together a "Best Practices" document?

We really need a Rev for Dummies book!

Bill