Screen capture video

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sun May 24 22:07:54 EDT 2009

Recently, Sarah Reichelt wrote:

> Is there any way to use Rev's video capture commands to record a
> screen capture movie?
> If not, what do people use for this? (Mac only).
> I don't need a lot of power, just the ability to grab a video of a
> section of the screen for about 4 minutes.
> It doesn't need to capture audio, but I want to be able to edit the
> captured video in iMovie when finished.

In addition to the already mentioned Snapz Pro, there's ScreenFlow for $30
more.  It does basic editing and effects on its own, similar to iMovieHD.
For me, these features made it good buy over Snapz Pro.

Another:
http://store.shinywhitebox.com/ishowuhd/main.html

Maybe some options here:
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/video/index_sp.html