How to prevent a stack from loading twice (in Linux)

Scott Morrow scott at elementarysoftware.com
Sat May 23 16:17:42 EDT 2009

I love being surprised by learning something that my brain is ready
for but that I wasn't expecting or looking to learn.  In the past I've
used a file mechanism when needing to lock out another instance.  The
shell() and socket ideas are far enough outside my comfort zone that I
wouldn't have looked for a solution there.  Thanks for the poke in the
brain.

Scott Morrow
Elementary Software
(Now with 20% less chalk dust!)