New groups bugaBoo

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Thu May 21 19:14:57 EDT 2009

I have four fields, F1, F2, F3, and F4. Fresh, empty stack.

I wrote a script that groups each field in order, one field to a group,
thinking that the 'last" group would always be just that, the latest one
created.

But not so. I came across this because trying to get the "last" group as I
went along always failed. As one example, per a reading of the groupNames
property for each iteration:

Fld "F1" is grouped into group 1 -- all well and good, but trivial
Fld "F2" is then grouped above group 1.
Fld "F3" is then grouped in between groups 2 and 1.
fld "F4" is then grouped into second place, between groups 2 and 3.

So the final ordering of the four new groups, which should be G1,G2,G3,G4
is actually:

G2, G4, G3, G1

Once, I got correct results. Once. Adding another field (F5) made an even
worse mess of the expected order.

No problem duplicating this. I can think of workarounds, of course, but, as
usual, I first ask what I am doing wrong.

Thanks...