Reducing image file sizes

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Mon May 18 18:17:04 EDT 2009

There are two possible ways to go...

1. resample the images to reduce the resolution
2. recompress the images

Method one will probably only be of use if the images are already at or
greater than 300 dpi. You could probably resample them to as low as 200 dpi
while still retaining sufficient print quality.

Method two will probably only be really effective if the images are
currently uncompressed. If that's the case then saving them as max or high
quality JPEGs will save you a lot of space without an appreciable loss of
print quality.

Terry...