On-Rev Signup

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Mon May 18 04:37:31 EDT 2009

Bob,

Most hosting services require you to bring a domain to the table and then
set you up under that. For example, you have "mydomain.com" and your login
becomes mydomaincom. The hosting service defaults to hosting that domain.

On-Rev asks you for a "Desired Username/Subdomain" which is explained (at
the bottom) of the order page as follows:

"When ordering enter the single word subdomain (max 25 characters) that you
would like for your subdomain name. This will resolve as
[subdomain].on-rev.com and you will have email addresses of
[name]@[subdomain].on-rev.com. This will be used as one of the basic ways we
identify your account. Of course you'll be able to add additional domains
once your account is set up."

In other words, if you select "bill" as your subdomain, you will
automatically have

bill[at]bill.on-rev.com as an email, and
http://bill.on-rev.com as your web site

Without needing to purchase/register a true standalone domain.

Yes, you certainly CAN bring your own domains over, as many of them as you
want, and host them with on-Rev. It's simply not required.

Static IP addresses are a completely separate issue from domain names, and
can be purchased as an add-on for people who require them. Most people don't
need them.

news:AAE2CA96-5B9D-4C8F-80E3-CC82E6CAD767 at twft.com...