Rev suport user defined events?

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Sun May 17 13:23:01 EDT 2009

In HC, and I would bet in Rev, messages are sent regardless of whether
there is a handler to trap them. If none, the message passes right through the
engine into the ether. I don't know if there would be a savings in overhead
to discard such messages at the outset; I suppose it would not hurt. At
compile time Rev would have to examine all scripts everywhere, checking for
matches.

But are you suggesting that the engine limit itself in this way for the
sake of streamlining? I like your idea of adding a superMessage, but I also
like the idea that messages come and go, trapped, or not, at the whim of the
scriptor.

Craig Newman