Other stacks opening besides the one selected

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu May 14 22:08:28 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 8:09 AM, Mark Stuart <mstuart at adaptcrm.com> wrote:

> Written by J. Landman Gay on Thu May 14, 2009 - 10:56 AM CDT
> >>>
> It isn't exactly what you're asking about, but try opening the Message
> Watcher and keep an eye out for any commands that open stacks.
> <<<
>
> I watched the Message Watcher and didn't see anything unusual about
> other stacks opening, which they did again.

OK, moving on from 20 questions to 60 questions...

If I understand correctly you seem to have tracked down that it is nothing
inside the stacks, but seems to be triggered externally, probably by the
IDE. Just to confirm

You open stack 1, nothing shows, but if you open a buttons script, three
other stacks appear in the Application Browser?

Does it only happen if you open a button's script, or is it the same if you
open a field/card/stack script?

If it's just buttons, could you have copied and pasted a button with an
attached behaviour (haven't worked with behaviours yet so I might be
completely off track here)

Does the same thing occur with stacks 2, 3, and 4. ie from a fresh restart
of Rev, open stack 4, just it, then open a script, stacks 1,2 and 3 appear
in the Application Browser.

Is it always the same 4 stacks involved.

All 4 stacks are plain vanilla stacks, they don't read or write to a
database, the internet, other stacks or an internal shell script?

If you create a brand new stack, open it's stack script, do the original 4
stacks open in the Application Browser? If you save and restart Rev, open
Stack 1, open a script, is that brand new stack now part of the list of
stacks in the Application Browser?

The version of Rev you are using is a full blown version, not an advanced
beta or trial version?

Does Windows have any 'Spaces' like program where you can set it to open
particular files when a certain app opens. Could it be possible you've
accidentally set it to when the Script Editor opens it is triggered and
opens the 4 stacks in question?

As Jacque said, not seeing anything like that here so it must be something
very particular to your set-up.