Gender [was: Re: Cancel a repeat with a button]

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu May 14 11:52:17 EDT 2009

Jim Bufalini wrote:

> And here I am going on about var naming conventions. I now propose we have a
> user naming convention as in mJim and fJacque for male or female. ;-)

I used to use plain "Jacque" in my signature, and everyone thought I was
a man, which is the primary reason I changed it to "Jacqueline". This
was way back in the days of bulletin boards, before the web was
invented, and it was interesting to see how people's responses changed
when they found out I was female. At the time, women programmers were
almost unheard of. I let them think I was male for almost a year before
I dropped the bomb. The double-takes were amusing.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com