Cancel a repeat with a button

Stephen Cox stephen at networkxfla.com
Wed May 13 23:31:59 EDT 2009

Why not? You checking a global variable. He said it would take a while to
complete. And I'm assuming he's running the loop in the background.

User presses cancel button, setting the global variable to True

In the loop, last statement checks the variable (it's global so the code
will see it).  If True, exit (or whatever cleanup he has, then exit).

On 5/13/09 11:08 PM, "Colin Holgate" <coiin at rcn.com> wrote:

> On May 13, 2009, at 11:00 PM, Stephen Cox wrote:
>
>> Why not just set a global variable and check it in the loop? Have
>> the cancel
>> button set the variable to True when pressed.
>

> You would be in a tight repeat loop at the time, so would mouseups on
> other objects even work?

Stephen Cox
Chief geek | Networkx | networkxfla.com