Details on how to apps mac like?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed May 13 11:39:14 EDT 2009

On May 12, 2009, at 6:28 AM, Stephen Cox wrote:

> So far the only application I’ve found written in revolution that
> looks like
> a native Mac app is ScreenSteps.  Granted, I haven’t looked long.  :)

The person who really has nice looking Mac-like apps is Ken Ray. I
don't know that the app of his I've seen is publicly available but he
does great work.

> Anyway my questions:
>
> How’d they created the icon bar? And I mean the area right below the
> title
> bar of the window? I’ve been busting my head playing with
> rectangles, but
> no.

I use a graphic with the backgroundpattern set to an image that has
the gradient. With the new gradient feature in Rev I would just use a
gradient though. Newer controls in ScreenSteps just use the gradient
rather than images.

> And I assume the blue area on the left is also a rectangle with a
> background?

This is a data grid with the background color set.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems