[OT] Politics and Programming

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Wed May 13 10:09:38 EDT 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 5:21 PM, Richmond Mathewson <
richmondmathewson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Every decision we, as programmers, make has some sort of
> political impact, and as such, needs to be thought about very
> carefully.

Every decision? Like the choice of my background colour is going to have any
political connotation, who cares if it's red or blue. Ah then again, bad
example, what about green. No, seems like I'm jumping on the eco bandwagon.
Pink? No sexual orientation might be misconstrued. OK I'll just go with
boring old white. Ooops just lost the black and the youth vote. OK so
its....., I don't know ;-)