[OT] Politics and Programming

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed May 13 05:21:27 EDT 2009

As computers and software come to be more and more central
to our lives, more and more decisions involving computer and
software deployment can be seen to be political rather than
'just' matters of money and ease of use.

While Kay C Lan, quite rightly, slapped me on the wrist for
dragging politics into a discussion about something else on
this Use-List, that will not prevent me making the above
observation.

Every decision we, as programmers, make has some sort of
political impact, and as such, needs to be thought about very
carefully.