Other stacks opening besides the one selected

Mark Stuart mfstuart at cox.net
Wed May 13 00:34:01 EDT 2009

Written by Kay C Lan on Tue May 12, 2009 - 9:47 PM CDT

What does the stack in question do?
Have you done a global search to see if there is a 'start using' that has
mysteriously appeared in your stack.

Does the stack contain an openStack or openCard script. If so, if you place
a breakpoint right at the beginning so that you can step through, when do
the other stack open?

Not a solution but hopefully it'll give you some clues ;-)
<<<

Hi Kay,
Platform: WinXP
- The stack has 2 fields and 4 push buttons on it. One of the fields is a
list of SQL database records and the other is populated from clicking on a
line in the list, that then reads the database.
- I have not placed a 'start using' script in the stack. But as you say, it
may have mysteriously appeared, so I will search for that.
- The stack does have all 3 preOpenStack, openStack, and closeStack scripts.
I haven't placed a breakpoint yet, but will try that tomorrow.
- The other stacks open immediately, with the File/Open Stack... menu
selection. So when I select a stack and it has opened, there are the other
stacks listed in the Application Browser. And again, the most recently
opened ones.

Regards,
Mark Stuart