Setting Image FileName to FTP vs HTTP

Jim Bufalini jim at visitrieve.com
Tue May 12 23:58:07 EDT 2009

Hi Tariel,

Speed aside, if this project is something that is going to run on anything
but your own machine, you do know that anyone with a freely available
sniffer can "see" the user name and password you are using?

Hence, you are best off using a public html address or if you must address a
password protected area of the server, talk to a CGI script that returns the
jpg. Also, using any jpg on the Internet means your app cannot run off-line.

Aloha from Hawaii,

Jim Bufalini