Scripting competition results

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue May 12 11:47:51 EDT 2009

and Scott Rossi wrote:

> There's no decimals involved (unless you use a formula, which I've been
> trying to do) so what limitation is the computer running up against?

...and that, of course, is the focus of this exercise. Coming off the
heels of the thread about rounding issues at the extreme small end of
decimals and margin-or-error issues, it shows that there are limits at
the big end as well. Once you've reached the limits of what the
computer can do you have to take things into your own hands, no matter
whether it's due to quantization effects at the low end or overflow
effects at the high end.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net