Problems with the LayoutControl-script of a form datagrid

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue May 12 08:32:40 EDT 2009

On May 12, 2009, at 3:32 AM, Fredrik Andersson wrote:

> ON LayoutControl pControlRect
>    local theFieldRect
>    set the right of field "Rang" to item 3 of pControlRect -10
>    put the left of field "Rang" of me into theLeft
>
>  put the rect of field "Namn" of me into theRect
>    put theLeft -10 into item 3 of theRect
>    set the rect of field "Namn" of me to theRect
>
> ... and three more fields like the one above ....
>
>    set the rect of graphic "Background" of me to pControlRect
>
> END LayoutControl

Hi Fredrik,

I think you are just missing some 'of me' references in your code. The
first line of code:

set the right of field "Rang" to item 3 of pControlRect -10

needs to be:

set the right of field "Rang" OF ME to item 3 of pControlRect -10

Without the 'of me' reference the engine moves the first field it
finds named "Rang".

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore