Combobox filled from database

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Mon May 11 06:19:50 EDT 2009

The predefined options of a combo box =

the text of btn "combo"

The currently specified value of a combo box =

the label of btn "combo"

Please note that a combo box by definition allows the specification of
values that are not pre-defined, and would seem to be a poor choice for an
indexed value list, as someone could enter "poodle" or anything they wanted
into the box. An Option menu does not have this problem.

If you were to have an Option menu in which you can get and set according to
an index n (1,2,3...) then:

-- set the menu choice
set the label of btn "option" to line n of the text of btn "option"

-- get the menu choice
put lineOffset ("Euro", btn "option") into n

Hope that helps.

Bill

news:23478253.post at talk.nabble.com...