App on Linux - really slow... any ideas why?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun May 10 14:00:57 EDT 2009

> It will be interesting to use the app and see what's happening.

I'm starting to track this down a bit... today when I launched the program,
it didn't get all the way through it's load process, but got all the windows
up. When I switched between windows, it was pretty fast. Once I got the bug
fixed and it managed to load properly, it was slow again. It now looks like
there's definitely something in the code I'm using because when I have the
System Monitor running I see the CPU at about 5%, but when I click on the
main stage window where there's a default stick figure drawn, it cranks up
to 100% CPU for a few seconds, so there's something going on during the
resumeStack sequence on this stack that's cranking the CPU way high.

Now that I have a clue, I don't think I need to send you a copy Peter
(unless you really want one)... if so, let me know.

In any event, I'll keep everyone posted,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/