OT Re: Newbie... Strict Compilation mode

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun May 10 12:41:16 EDT 2009

J. Landman Gay wrote:
> Personally I think we should next discuss the practice of putting
> little sticker labels on every single individual piece of fruit in the
> supermarket. If you really want to push my buttons, that'll do it.

'Tis nothing!  I know a chap in Bulgaria who sticks sticky labels on
each apricot while they are still green and hanging on the tree with
their predicted dates of ripening.

Presumably on the appointed dates he lies under the trees with his mouth
open waiting for the fruit to drop.

Dunno why, but it reminds me of declaring variables miles and miles away
from where they are used.  :)