Should this not be an error ?

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Sun May 10 03:34:54 EDT 2009

On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 8:37 AM, Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net> wrote:

> I was also surprised that ` was allowed. But
>
> put 42 into `
>
> is a valid statement. It seems like more of a parlor trick than
> something that could be turned into a clever hack. And I also think
> it's a bug resulting from the ` character's place in the ASCII table.
> I notice that @ and _ and ? are also accepted as variable names.
> That's just wrong. You can hurt yourself playing around with these
> things.

This is certainly not consistent with the User Manual:

5.5.5 Variable Names
The names of variables must consist of a single word and may contain any
combination
of letters, digits, and underscores (_). The first character must be either
a letter or an
underscore. You cannot use any Revolution Revolution language word as a name
of a
variable.

Whilst I understand that Explicit Variables is the answer to the previous
example, in this case it looks like the Docs should be updated to reflect
reality, or if such chars are dangerous to use, then it should be filed as a
bug.