Newbie... Strict Compilation mode

Jim Bufalini jim at visitrieve.com
Sat May 9 14:29:01 EDT 2009

Stephen Cox wrote:

> Ok I just created a new stack and put:
>
> local temp
> put "1234" into temp
> put "1234" into kemp
>
> And it compiles with no errors. Maybe I missed a checkbox someplace. Is
> "Strict Compilation Mode" in the Script Editor section the only option
> that
> has to be enabled?

For what it's worth, in the Rev editor, I get:

button "Button": compilation error at line 6 (Chunk: can't create a variable
with that name (explicitVariables?)) near "kemp", char 12

And in GLX2:

Script error Saturday, May 09, 2009 8:24:08 AM
Error 44: Chunk: can't create a variable with that name (explicitVariables?)
Why? put: bad chunk
 Handler: error in command
 Handler: error in handler
Error at char 12 of line 6 in handler kemp
Code: kemp
How I got here:

Object:

Execution Context:

And while it used to be called explicitVariables, it has been replaced by
the more wordy Strict Compilation Mode and, as far as I know, this is all
that has to be checked. This is on PC, Rev 3.5, GM-2

Aloha from Hawaii,

Jim Bufalini