Another newb question - How to you clear a field?

Neal Campbell nealk3nc at gmail.com
Sat May 9 02:35:23 EDT 2009

I actually think that Rev is easier for newbies than converts. For
those of us that spend/spent a great deal of time in C/Java/C++/C#,
Rev is non-intuitive until you swap your old brain out.

I found that if I typed how I would explain what I was doing to my
wife (a non-programmer) it helped tremendously. The keywords would
often be incorrect but thats what the dictionary is for. But the
structure of what I was trying to do was closer to the language than
for(i=1;i < z;i++){ .... }.

The other side of my argument is that Rev is superficially too simple,
it hides the fact that its a serious language that can do almost
anything that any other language can do. Thats where all of the
reading becomes vital.

The only real solution is coding. Thats where you learn what works,
how it works and whether you want to do it that way. Also, the message
box is your Yoda, it allows you to see if your idea of how it works
really does!

The learning curve is both shorter and longer than you expect!

Neal Campbell
Abroham Neal Software
Programming Services for Windows, OS X and Linux
www.abrohamnealsoftware.com
(540) 242 0911