Newbie question - how to check for a varible

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri May 8 14:25:47 EDT 2009

Stephen Cox wrote:

> Next question; checking the existence of a variable? Now I know I can turn
> on Strict Compilation (and I have) but I¹d rather have the assurance of
> checking to see if a variable exist? Is this a non-issue in Revolution?

It is a non-issue. Rev does not require you to declare variables; they
are created automatically just by using them. I have never seen that fail.

However, since you have turned on explicit variables, you do have to
declare them -- but this relates more to how the the compiler works than
how the engine works. I personally do not use explicit variables, I
never declare them specifically, and I have never had any problem.

I should note that explicit variables is a hot topic, with proponents on
both sides, and has been the subject of more than one thread here. ;)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com