Another newb question - How to you clear a field?

Phil Jimmieson phil at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri May 8 06:05:56 EDT 2009

Ah, another potential can of worms!
Rev normally allows you to use unquoted literal names, except where
they're reserved words in the language, or have weird characters in
them that would be difficult to parse (like spaces etc). To err on the
side of caution I usually always quote my field names (unless of
course you're using a variable to refer to the name of a field).
There's also a preference setting which switches Rev into a feature
which demands quotes around literals.

put "myfieldname" into thefieldtouse
--sets up a variable with the name of the field I want

put empty into field thefieldtouse
--this is ok because thefieldtouse is a variable

put empty into field "thefieldinquestion"
--here thefieldinquestion is actually the name of the field, so I
always quote it