Newbie question - how to check for a varible

Stephen Cox stephen at networkxfla.com
Fri May 8 02:25:07 EDT 2009

Really two questions:

How do I check if a variable is empty? Sort of like;

If !empty(tUsername)
    // process here
Endif

Empty() is a Foxpro function that pops if what you are checking is empty. I
can¹t seem to find it¹s equivalent in revolution. Am I approaching this the
wrong way? And can I check fields the same way?

I suppose I could create an empty variable and just compare the 2? But is
there an easier way?

Next question; checking the existence of a variable? Now I know I can turn
on Strict Compilation (and I have) but I¹d rather have the assurance of
checking to see if a variable exist? Is this a non-issue in Revolution?

Thanks

-Stephen Cox