Stack updater

Jim Bufalini jim at visitrieve.com
Thu May 7 14:00:40 EDT 2009

Hi Marty,

Yes, Eric was an amazing man and a good friend. I miss him dearly.

As to Changed Code Picker, I didn't understand. I thought the issue was on a compare. It shouldn't break on launch under any version of Rev > 2.8.1 and on any platform.

I was thinking I hadn't tested it with 3.5 specific features such as the Data Grid and Behaviors and maybe this was the cause. But this can't be your issue.

There is nothing protected in this program, so throw a breakpoint in and see if you can figure out what's conflicting on your machine. I can tell you it's not GLX2 because it is GLX2 compatible.

Also, as to your original question of how to compare two stacks with the same name, you can see what Eric did, which was basically to open them one at a time and clone the two versions of the stacks to a new name in memory only using "#1" and "#2" and then compare the clones.

This is why Changed Code Picker doesn't affect the actual disk versions of your stacks and is safe to use. It is also why it then allows the opening of the actual stack (a third copy of the same stack which is under its original name) for editing in your editor.

You are welcome to study the code and use portions of it in your project or make a modified version of it for your own purposes. However, please don't just copy the program with a couple of changes and put it out as your own. ;-)

I, in fact, had to modify it myself for use with ListMagic because ironically it can't handle original stacks with a #1 or #2 in their name and Eric's own ListMagic names the ListMagic libs in a project with just such a name (he was also very consistent, LOL). ;-)

I am planning to update it when I get a chance to handle stacks with # in the name and to skip protected libs instead of stopping, if it finds one, and any changes that may be necessary for 3.5 specific features.

Aloha from Hawaii

Jim Bufalini