Rev 3.5.0-gm-2

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed May 6 19:16:46 EDT 2009

On May 6, 2009, at 5:42 PM, Shao Sean wrote:

> Seems there is a new Rev for download - available through the Update
> option in the IDE or from the website. Spamming the changes here so
> you can determine if the fixes warrant a download and change to your
> work-flow (personally I dislike having to download and install just
> to see what is new/fixed)

Shao,

Don't forget about the engine change log as well. Some significant
crashes were fixed, one that you could expose if you had a data grid
with a button that had it's icon set and was placed on two cards in a
stack. There are also fixes to the data grid.

Bugs fixed in 3.5.0-gm-2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bug 7943: Undo in a field can cause crash / data corruption after
using arrow keys
~~~~~~~~
   Fixed.

Bug 7946: Exporting snapshot from field swaps color channels
~~~~~~~~
   Fixed.

Bug 7517: Crash on quit after deletion of button with icon in group
placed on multiple cards inside preOpenCard handler, leads to OS X log
out.
~~~~~~~~
   Fixed.

Bug 8011: Crash while using the convert command to obtain a system
date on a system with English locale but Polish date format.
~~~~~~~~
   Fixed.

Data Grid Changes in gm-2:

1.0.0.5
* When closing the field editor (i.e. you were editing a cell value)
focus was not returning to the data grid properly.
* 'alternate row color' was not drawing with the user defined color.
* Default hilited text color and scrollbar width for data grid on
Windows is now fetched from the windows registry.
* Revolution crashes when generating data grid alternating rows if
paintcompression = JPEG. Data grid now sets paintcompression to PNG
before drawing alternating rows.
* Alternating line colors are now initialized when control is first
opened in order to work around issue introduced by standalone builder
in some circumstances.
* Tabbing through table cells was not working properly.
* When clicking on a data grid and it doesn't have focus it is now
focused even if auto hilite is false.
* Delete key no longer does anything if no selection.
* All uses of 'the focusedobject' changed to 'the long id of the
focusedObject'. The engine sometimes returns empty for the former when
the later returns a valid value. I think it might be related to focus
messages and stack resuming/suspending. In any case, it leads to
unexpected behavior.
* When data grid controls are moved on screen messages are unlocked.
This allow message like mouseEnter to be triggered properly.
* Changed SortDataByKey so that previous sort is maintained when
performing new sort (stable).
* When an editable field is open rawKeyDown messages are passed as
appropriate.
* SetDataOfIndex now updates persistent data storage.
* put the dgText[true] of group "DataGrid" now returns the column
names/keys in the first line of returned text.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems