App on Linux - really slow... any ideas why?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed May 6 17:57:40 EDT 2009

> As you'll note from this bug report it was fixed for 3.5. We fixed a lot of
> other issues on Linux for that release too, including a couple of slow
> downs, crashes and memory leaks that occurred under certain window managers.
> Linux has a small market share, is a rapidly moving target and is a large
> and amorphous number of versions. Nonetheless we are committed to supporting
> it and if these issues with Ken's app truly do persist in 3.5 then we will
> take a look at them and sort them out for a future version.

The bug that was reported and was fixed was related to icons flashing
multiple times in the Rev IDE

Oh, they certainly *do* persist in 3.5 (under Ubuntu, that is); that was the
version I was using when I discovered the major slowdown and wrote to the
list. I've contacted you off-list about this.

I'll test this in a couple of other Linux distros and window managers, but
as Ubuntu (and its variants) get a lot of press, even if it worked better in
other distros it would be great not to have to tell customers "this works
great in ____, but don't use it in Ubuntu".

:-)

I'll report back what I find...

Ken Ray