"set the externals" question

Thierry th.douez at gmail.com
Wed May 6 08:32:07 EDT 2009

Le 6 mai 09 à 14:20, Richard Miller a écrit :

> I have a standalone, which opens several other stacks. Is there a
> way to have any of these other stacks access an external WITHOUT
> having to "set the externals" of the standalone?
>
> It's much easier for me if I need only modify one of the stacks.
> I'd like to avoid modifying the standalone.
>
> I've tried:
>
> 1. using the "set the externals" command in the preopenstack
> handler in one of the stacks (i.e. not the standalone app), but
> this didn't work during runtime;

can't work this way.
the property externals has to be set before opening a stack, or the
other
way round you must set the external before saving your stack !!!!

> 2. setting the externals of one of the stacks in the development
> environment (so I can see that the external is being referenced in
> the stack property inspector). This didn't work during runtime.

one way to do this: build a templatestack, setting the externals in
the templatestack,
then create a stack, open it, and then, may be: "start using your
stack".....
this should be cross-platform.

HTH,
THierry