Django with On-Rev Using CGI

Gordon Tillman got at mindspring.com
Mon May 4 12:40:56 EDT 2009

David Bovill wrote:
> Fab! Have not used Django in a few years - have some Rev scripts hanging
> around somewhere that would parse / create  Django XML files... by the way
> what do you like about Mercurial? I've just moved over to GIT, but not had a
> look at Mercurial?
David I've never used Git, so I can't comment on that one, but I've used
CVS and SVN extensively over the years.  It took me just a short while
to get my head around the Mercurial way to do things (which is probably
very similar to Git).

It's dead-easy to install and configure and to start a new repository.
I really like the mindset of committing your changes before pulling and
merging stuff from other developer's, as opposed to updating from a
central repository first, merging/fixing conflicts, then committing.

I like the flexibility of how you can publish changes.  You can use the
built-in web server to browse and pull changes.  You can email changes.
You can grab them via SSH, etc.  Very nice.  The command line interface
is very simple and the built-in help is great.

Performance is very fast and there is no problem at all with binary
files, even large ones.

There is a youtube video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JExtkqzEoHY from one of the lead
developer's that is interesting.