Save Data to stack inside Standalone - Broken?

Jim Bufalini jim at visitrieve.com
Sun May 3 20:40:15 EDT 2009

Hi Sivakatirswami,

Don't make the stack part of your standalone build. Rather, go or go
invisible to the stack from the preOpenStack of the splash stack in your
standalone. Doing this sets the filename of the stack. Then you can save it.
When you go to the stack, use a fully qualified path. So, if the stack is in
the same directory as your standalone, then *go stack (the defaultFolder &
slash & "lexicon.rev")* Now the stack will have a fileName property and can
be saved. If it is in subdirectories of the root, just add the subdirectory
path to the above as in (the defaultFolder & slash &
"subdirectory/subdirectory/lexicon.rev"). The only thing that can stop a
save then is user rights to the path.

Aloha from another Island of Hawaii ;-)

Jim Bufalini