Save Data to stack inside Standalone - Broken?

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun May 3 18:57:58 EDT 2009

Good Idea... I created a status field and added the following to the
stack script: (see below)

Status shows empty if opened and move from card to card (saving each
time) in the IDE.
but in the Standalone I get the message:

"stack does not have a filename"

I tried to set save to

save stack "lexicon.rev"

but I get the same message, in fact I get and error msg in the IDE that
this is the wrong form (can't find stack "lexicon.rev" as the syntax for
this uses the stack property name of the stack and not the file name of
the stack.

And in response to Jim's questions (I'm on Kauai Jim... come visit!)

1) What OS are you seeing this issue in?
-- OSX 10.5.6
2)  Where on the drive is the standalone
sitting?

--/Users/sivakatirswami/_RevData/Lexicon/MahaLexiconLoader/MahaLexiconLoader.app

3) Also, would you change the *this stack* reference to something more
specific such as *the owner of this card* or better *stack "StackName"* and
report if there is any difference?

-- neither of these reference change the error message which still in the result
"stack does not have a filename"

I also tried checking the default folder at the moment of save from inside the standalone
 -- it looks correct:

/Users/sivakatirswami/_RevData/Lexicon/MahaLexiconLoader/MahaLexiconLoader.app/Contents/MacOS

on openCard
   save  stack "Lexicon"
   showStatus(the result)
  try
  put the number of this card into fld "cardNo"
  end try
end openCard

On closestack
save  stack "Lexicon"
   if the environment <> "development" then quit

end closestack

on showStatus tMsg
   put tMsg into fld "status"
   Show fld "status" with visual effect dissolve very fast
   send hideStatus to me in 30 ticks
end showStatus

on hideStatus
    hide fld "status" with visual effect dissolve slow
end hideStatus