referenced images vs. images?

Lars Brehmer larsbrehmer at mac.com
Tue Mar 31 23:11:28 EDT 2009

How is this supposed to work?

I have a stack with a lot of images, about 500 megs worth. Opening
and saving the standalone is very slow, so I redid the entire stack
and imported the same images as referenced images from a separate
folder instead of simply importing them into the stack. I thought that
the stack size would drop from 550 megs to 50 megs by having
referenced images outside of the stack, but it doesn't - it stays the
same size and is just as slow. Also, when saving the standalone, there
seems to be no way to include the folder that contains the referenced
images, and in the standalone there is just a grey rectangle where the
images are supposed to be, obviously because the wasn't included in
the standalone.

What am I doing wrong? Have I misunderstood the concept of referenced
images completely? I found no answers in the Rev docs and am a little
bit frustrated!

Cheers,

Lars