[OT] Encoding Video for Online Delivery

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Sun Mar 29 13:30:14 EDT 2009

I'll jump in here, Scott. I think Quicktime is still king when it comes to
both quality and performance. Their 264 codecs are just amazing.however, the
array of options is also extensive and confusing.  Lately I've been using
the 'export to web' option using Quicktime Pro rather than trying to tweak
so much. This setting has made the smallest and best looking files I've
seen, and offers to make three versions at once;   web, iPhone, and other
phones, and creates a readme.html with the HTML code to display ready to
paste in. This code will do all the file selection for web, iPhone, Other
Cell Phone.

you might also consider a paid video streaming service like Vimeo, which
offers a lot for $60/ year.
their HD stream is REALLY good. 5g/week upload, imbed anywhere, no banners,
privacy options.

http://www.vimeo.com/plus

Stephen Barncard
San Francisco