Well I never!

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 28 12:14:02 EDT 2009

On Mar 28, 2009, at 8:43 AM, James Hurley wrote:
> On Mar 28, 2009, at 1:26 AM, Jim Ault wrote:
>
> > A simple example we all know...
> >
> > I live in an array called a "house"
> > It contains rooms thus
> > house[bedroom]
> > house[kitchen]
> > ---my kitchen contains a refrigerator with shelves and a freezer
> > house[kitchen][refrigerator][top shelf]"cheese, pickles, butter"
>
> Wait, wait,not so fast. I get that arrays are hierarchical. But I
> need to know what you mean by the line  above.
>
> RR won't compile [top shelf], is "shelf" a parameter associated with
> "top"? Or was it an abbreviation  for top_shelf or maybe  topShelf?
>
> And what happens to the trailing "cheese,pickles, butter"? is this
> now the array element assigned to house[kitchen][refrigerator][top
> shelf]

As you see, I can't get started with this until I get a handle on the
notation.
You are correct that Rev won't compile
house[kitchen][refrigerator][top shelf]
but it will compile using the syntax
house["kitchen"]["refrigerator"]["top shelf"]

I left out the quotes so it would read better.

So the syntax would be
put "cheese, pickles, butter" into house["kitchen"]["refrigerator"]
["top shelf"]

Hope this helps,

Jim Ault
Las Vegas