Well I never!

James Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 28 11:43:15 EDT 2009

On Mar 28, 2009, at 1:26 AM, Jim Ault wrote:

 > A simple example we all know...
 >
 > I live in an array called a "house"
 > It contains rooms thus
 > house[bedroom]
 > house[kitchen]
 > ---my kitchen contains a refrigerator with shelves and a freezer
 > house[kitchen][refrigerator][top shelf]"cheese, pickles, butter"

Wait, wait,not so fast. I get that arrays are hierarchical. But I
need to know what you mean by the line  above.

  RR won't compile [top shelf], is "shelf" a parameter associated
with "top"? Or was it an abbreviation  for top_shelf or maybe  topShelf?

And what happens to the trailing "cheese,pickles, butter"? is this
now the array element assigned to house[kitchen][refrigerator][top
shelf]

As you see, I can't get started with this until I get a handle on the
notation.

Jim Hurley