Message box mild oddity

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Fri Mar 27 12:50:03 EDT 2009

These things likely only seem to matter to me. At least I keep them short.

In a locked list field with a few lines of text, place this in the field
script:

on mouseUp
   put space & the selectedLine of me into fld "message field" of stack
"message box"
   select before text of fld "message field" of stack "message box"
end mouseUp

You should know as a rule I click and release pretty fast.

1- If one clicks on a line of the field, you get a cursor blinking before the
msg text. I expected nothing less.
2- But if you then click a different line, you always select the entire msg
box text.

The only way to get back to condition "1" is to either click somewhere else,
anywhere else, and then go back and click a line of text in the field. OR, do
a slower mouseClick, that is hold the mouse down for a half second before
releasing, in which case you can click all day in the field.

This isn't particularly urgent. I have a love/hate relationship with msg.

Craig Newman