datagrid contents

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Mar 27 10:02:54 EDT 2009

On Mar 27, 2009, at 9:49 AM, Bernard Devlin wrote:

> The new data grid definitely looks like an improvement over the old
> table
> field.  However, I can't work out if there is a simple way to set the
> contents of the datagrid by script (without setting the text of the
> fields
> contained within the grid).  I'm sure there must be.
> Also, seeing that it is composed of a multitude of fields (such as
> field
> "Col 2 0003"), does the numbering imply that it is usable up to 9999
> rows?

Kevin already pointed you to the current set of docs so I will just
respond to the question about the number of rows.

In order to optimize performance the data grid only draws data that
can currently be seen on the screen. The naming of the column and row
controls (i.e. Col 2 0003) is merely for distinction if you are
looking at the controls and has no actual bearing on the number of
rows that can be displayed. For example, I have a sample stack that
quickly renders 50,000 records from a sqlite database without any
problems.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore