Rev with video on Windoze

Tim Lambert tim.lambert at addat.com
Thu Mar 26 14:39:25 EDT 2009

Hello
I have built a delivery  app for medical students that has a video
exported from ScreenFlow at 640*360 and a selection panel to choose
topics and subtopics. There are about 100 minutes and the movs are cut
into 5-9 minute chunks. The codecs are either H264 at high quality or
the web-export H264 variety (from QTpro). This seems to work on MAc
from  a black Macbook core duo 2 (2 Gb) right through to my
development machine (octamac at 3 GHz, 16Gb RAM). LAtest version of QT
installed.

Now the problem. I 'know' that QT is not tweaked to perform on Windoze
but using the same app (with various bits of 'if the platform is
Win32....; , the video playback and general robustness of the app is
useless. I am a bit of a freak for maintaining the crisp quality of
text and graphics in the original QT vids.  So.... what are others
doing for producing video playlists in windoze that have at least same
quality?  I know I can turn off using QT in windows but then I can't
find a codec that plays well.

Thanks in advance...help much appreciated

Lumpo