storing a group as a customProperty

Peter Brigham MD pmbrig at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 15:33:19 EDT 2009

It's actually for FORMalizer. It's a utility to use in the IDE for
creating a stack that contains a form (imported scanned image, eg)
with superimposed fields, then cloning the stack with its image and
fields and attaching it as a substack to whatever stack system you
need it in. It streamlines loading the fields with data
programmatically and printing it out. I got tired filling out forms by
copying stuff by pen from the computer screen over and over again, so
I put this together.

It's a palette with controls and a blank 8.5x11 proportioned stack
window. The palette gives you ways of importing a scanned form image
and laying down fields, etc, but since it's in the IDE I have to
assume that some user will forget that to empty the form stack and
start over you click a button on the palette -- so I have to cover the
eventuality that the user will maybe do a quick select all with the
pointer tool and hit delete. Which would take out all the user-
generated images and fields but also my utility buttons, etc.

I'm glad I can prevent this and don't have to wrestle with restoring
anything.

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com