[OT] Open Source, EULA - the Big Bad Bogeyman

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Mon Mar 23 13:06:41 EDT 2009

> The result of the Appeal was only last Aug 13th 2008 and
> reversed the decision of the lower court. But this is not the
> end, as of 11 Feb 09 KAM Industries is seeking damages of U$6,000,000+

A facinating read :-)

The most interesting fruit from this is the seeming recognition of rights of
open source project licenses by at least one court, though its not over and
there are many, many lawyer snouts inserted into this fruit.

It also sadly supports what I see as a policy of the USPO to just
rubber-stamp anything that comes in and let the courts (with plantiffs and
defendants) sort out and pay for their bad judgement. Of course, maybe
someone some time ago came up with a great and truly efficient method of
managing patent reviews - and patented it ;-)

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software