NULL characters and sorting

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 20 12:27:31 EDT 2009

When using the filter command and foreign data I always replace null
with empty (or space, depending).  Hypercard used '00' to be the end
char of strings in its stack structure.  In the days of recovering
from hard drive corruption, I did many scans in hex for stack data
recovery.

Some systems will add a null to web pages and since they are ignored
by browsers, no worries until you capture and try to work with the
characters.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas