Selection Embarrassment

Jim Bufalini jim at visitrieve.com
Fri Mar 20 09:48:42 EDT 2009

Hi Craig,

There is an old joke. A man goes to a doctor and says it hurts every time I
raise my arm up high and in this fashion. The doctor says, then don't do
that anymore. ;-)

Jokes aside, it's been my experience that due to nature of the message box
and what it must do, there are quite a number of things that don't work the
same when executed out of the message box.

So, while it may initially appear "quicker" to test out of the message box,
I find, in the long run, that when working with something I am unfamiliar
with, it takes less time to create a button and test out of a button and
reserve message box use for things I am familiar with and already know work
from the message box.

This may not be satisfying from a purist point of view, but like the
doctor's advice, it is pragmatic.

Aloha from Hawaii,

Jim Bufalini