"ss" function

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Thu Mar 19 14:03:17 EDT 2009

I don't know if I will pursue this. Having all instances of a string in a
list is MUCH better than hitting them sequentially. There are a few modifications
I might suggest to the way the "find and Replace" dialog is accessed, and how
the find string is loaded, but right now I think it is a better tool than
HC's.

For example, unless I missed it (again), you have to have all tabs already
open to search all scripts in a stack. This can be a pain; HC at least went
through everything (there should be a third option in that menu, named "whole
stack"). And I think the way the dialog loads the string to search for can be
improved, for example, if the dialog is already open, you cannot just select a
string in an existing script and hit Cmd-Shift-F to load that new string. You
have to either type it in or close the dialog and invoke the shortcut.

More important, again, is that these features seem generally to be
discovered, not documented.

And even MORE important is that the list members here are as passionate as
they were twenty years ago. Rev has done that.

Craig Newman