programming fonts

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Mar 19 11:57:48 EDT 2009

Over the years I've found the Courier's serifs distracting on screen,
and Monaco's glyph shapes vaguely unpleasant at 12 pts (used to use it
all the time back when screen res was lower an 9pt was acceptable).

So over the last year I find myself using Andale Mono for most of my
scripting, and to my eye it's nearly ideal with one near-fatal glitch:
the descending tail on the comma is shorter than in most fonts, and at a
glance is difficult to distinguish from a period.

I started to look around for a good programmer's font, but there are
just too many to download and evaluate them all so I thought I'd check
in with you folks here:

What's your favorite font for use in your script editor?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World