mouseControl problem

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Mar 18 16:51:49 EDT 2009

DunbarX wrote:
> "SearchScript", in the HC "home" stack. It allows you to request all
> instances of a string in any object within any stack: fld, btns, cds, bgs, the stack
> itself. It opened the script editor of each object in turn, placing the cursor
> at the top, and the string in the global "searchFindString", which allowed
> Cmd-G to jump to each instance quickly. You could edit on the fly. Pressing
> "enter" closed that objects' script editor and the next one appeared.
>
> I (we?) need one.
>
> But the Rev script editor may not work in quite the same way.

Thanks for the reminder.  I also wrote a lot of replacement handlers
when I first took up MetaCard, but ss was one I had to let go because,
unlike HC and SC, MC/Rev's script editor isn't modal.

Ss is able to walk through the occurrences because editing a script in
HC stops all other execution.  Not so with Rev, so if you wrote it
correctly it would just open up multiple script editors all over the place.

I made a utility to find stuff for me, with the extra bonus that it
searches either a stack or everything in the current message path
(including frontScripts, libraries, and backScripts).

It's available in RevNet - in Rev see Development->Plugins->GoRevNet,
and once you're in look in Stacks for "4w_ScriptSearch.rev".

BTW: How does ss relate to the mouseControl?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World